The Schwenke Ranch, located just outside of Landusky, Montana, was originally purchased in 1977 and has remained a family operation for over 45 years. It has grown to encompass over 60,000 acres and has earned its reputation as one of the premier ranching properties in Montana. The Schwenke Ranch was recently recognized by the Montana ProRodeo Hall of Fame as one the “Great Montana Ranches” for its “commitment to preserving Western Heritage in Montana.” Combined with its’ recreational opportunities and access to the Charles M. Russell Wildlife Refuge and Missouri River Breaks National Monument, this cow/calf family operation is a rare find, and is now offered for sale.
The ranch runs on just over 62,000+/- acres, comprised of 55,872+/- acres leased from the Bureau of Land Management, of which 4,524 AUM’s are allotted to the seller. Another 1,600+/- acres are leased from the State of Montana, and combine with 2,597+/- Deeded Acres as well as 229 Shares in the Square Butte Grazing Association, equaling another 2,700+/- Deeded Acres. Of the 2,597+/- Deeded Acres, 58+/- acres are irrigated, with another 1,200+/- considered to be Improved Grass. The Ranch is permitted to run 562+/- cow/calf pairs, however if a new owner preferred yearlings to a cow/calf operation it is expected the ranch could support 1,280 yearlings for 5 months.
- 62,000+/- Total Acres
- 55,872+/- BLM Acres with 4,524 AUM’s alloted to the seller
- 1,600+/- State Lease Acres
- 229 Shares of Square Butte Grazing Association equaling 2,700+/- Deeded Acres
- 2,597+/- Deeded Acres
- 58+/- Irrigated Acres
- 1,200+/- Acres of Improved Grass
- 1,339+/- Acres of Native Grazing
- Ranch Headquarters
- 2,100 Square Foot, 3 Bedroom House with Attahced Garage
- 40′ x 70′ and 50′ x 48′ Metal Pole Barns
- 150′ x 300′ Team Roping Arena
- Elk, Mule Deer, Big Horn Sheep, Whitetail Deer & Antelope Hunting
- Access to the Upper Missouri River Breaks National Monument and Charles M. Russell Wildlife Refuge as well as the Missouri River.