More on Bath County.
Home in Louisa, KY for Sale
240 Deeded acres and home in Louisa – Forestry Dept. and Game Commission GPS measurements estimate the land at 300+ acres. Valuable timber on the property. The farm is located in the Appalachian Mountains located 20 miles from Paintsville, KY and 15 miles to Louisa, KY.
One of the best features of this property is the free natural gas. We have two hook ups, one at our campsite area and the other for our house and two other sheds.
Income Producing Property: Opportunity to be self-sufficient: Raising crops, cattle, bees, growing flowers. Land is rich and fertile. We know of other farmers in our area that have received money from grants for high tunnels and the ability to grow vegetables all year and an income of over 75K. Also, the ability to grow and sell flowers. Raise bees and sell the honey. There are very few farmers in this area that raise vegetables all year long. Monetary resources available from the state of Kentucky and the local extension office. Pastureland for cattle, goats, pigs, sheep.
60 to 70 acres is cleared pasture along with the home site and shed areas the rest of the land is heavily wooded. Approximately 11 miles of road on our property that encompasses a lower road, a middle road and the high road. The upper level is all flat pasture making it great for animals grazing. The property has high walls on 2 sides of the property making it very secluded and private, one way in and one way out, the front portion of the property runs along a small rural country road. Custom built home is ½ mile from the front entrance gate of the property. From the back of the property to the front gate is 1.25 miles.
- 2 ½ acre pond loaded with Bass, Blue Gill and Crappie
- Multiple creeks run through the property.
- Variety of wildlife: bear, bob cats, raccoons, beavers, opossums, squirrels, rabbits, deer and turkey providing many hunting opportunities for the Hunting Enthusiast.
- Heavy duty metal pipe gates at the entrance to the property.
Home in Louisa with Camping Area
CAMP SITE AREA: This area is setup for 3 campers, water, electric, septic and gas all are available to be hooked up. It is a 32’ x 64’ open shed area with metal roof and 4’ wooden walls on 3 sides, concrete floor and septic tank and drain field. Attached to the open shed is a lean-to shed 16’ x 64’ with gravel. Great place to clean your fresh kill from a hunt, park equipment or would provide an excellent extra income opportunity. Electrical meter and panel at this site.
- Camp area is approximately 2 acres and fenced and has apple and pear trees and another small, fenced area with blueberries, blackberries and raspberries.
- METAL CARPORT: 40’ X 24’
- CONCRETE BLOCK STORAGE BUILDING 8’ X 10’
- LARGE OLD BARN: This is in bad shape, but we have kept it in place to provide privacy to the camp area since this is located near the road. We continue to use it for storage of items.
Secluded Kentucky Home in Louisa
HOME SITE: Built in 2010: 3 bedrooms, 2 bath home approximately 2,000 sf heated and cooled plus 2 car attached garage. No carpeting, tile floors in both bathrooms and laundry room remainder of home has wood flooring. Wrap around porch on 3 sides. Ceiling fans in all rooms, granite countertops kitchen, bathrooms and by fireplace. Large kitchen with center island, lots of storage, custom maple cabinets. Gas fireplace, water heater, range and dryer. We also utilize the free natural gas for our generator when needed and for our BBQ grill. Jacuzzi Hot Tub located on the wrap around porch.
Jacuzzi jetted tub in the Master Bathroom. The home site utilizes well water and has creeks on 3 sides of the home. Multiple flower gardens that add a lot of beauty to the home site. The electric and phone lines to the home are underground. Living Room and Kitchen/Dining Room has a Cypress ceiling center height is 13’ high all other ceilings are 9’ high.
Crawl space under home in Louisa is well maintained and has a lot of lighting adding extra storage and making it easy to work on anything to do with the air and heat, electrical and plumbing. Also, pull-down ladder to access the attic area. Interior doors are solid wood, and the front door and back double French doors are fiberglass. Alarm system. June 2021 updates to the house. Interior freshly painted and exterior stained. Both bathroom toilets have new wax rings, seat and insides of commodes replaced. New exhaust fans in the bathrooms. New hallway and garage lighting.
- LARGE SHED NEAR HOUSE: 30’ X 51’ with concrete floors, one walk through door and two 10’ x 10’ roll up doors, wired with lights and outlets and wired for 220. Attached lean-to is 51’ x 16’with metal roof.
- GARAGE SHED BY THE HOUSE: 18’ X 30’ metal building with concrete floors and a roll up door on each end, and one walk thru door and 4 windows and has an attached lean-to area with a metal roof that measures 12’ x 30’ with concrete flooring and has gas hookup for a generator and a BBQ grill.
- SHE SHED: 12’ x 20’ metal building with pressure treated floor and beams. The shed has a loft on one end and two work benches. Currently used for craft projects, exercise equipment, reading and gardening projects. Shed receives Wi-Fi from the house making it a great place to use electronic devices and listening to music, has gas, electricity and small portable AC. Small green house 4’ x 6’ comes in great to protect some plants through Winter and get a head start on Spring planting.
SMALL CHICKEN COOP
We have planted over 300 Bald and Pond Cypress trees on this home in Louisa; some are already over 25′ in height. The bald cypress lives up to 600 years and the pond cypress well over 1,000 years. These came from Florida and the oldest pond cypress was in Florida at 3,500 years old.
Overall Kentucky has a fairly low cost of living ranking #3 in the 10 least expensive states to live in.
- Our current annual taxes are $1897.00.
- Home utilizes well water.
- Camp site utilizes city water.
- Fertile ground great for farming
- 135 miles to Lexington, KY
- 97 miles to Charleston, WV
- 45 miles to the Huntington, WV airport
- Three lakes close for recreation and fishing: Dewey Lake, Paintsville Lake and Yatesville Lake
- Huntington WV has one of the best VA (Veteran’s Hospital and care teams in the U.S.)
- Elk Herd is now over 16,000 in Southeastern KY (Tours available from Jenny Wiley State Park that is approximately 40 miles away)
- 4 True Seasons: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall.
More ranches for sale.