Income-Producing Farm & Hunting Land For Sale in Lancaster, WI
The Progress Plus Farm offers endless income generating opportunities in Wisconsin’s Driftless Region and Upper Mississippi River Terrain. This 353-acre farm has undergone significant conservation improvements to prevent soil erosion. The most notable include several terraces, tiling, impounding structures, numerous waterways, and a farm field service road with a base of breaker run and covered with gravel.
Since 1975 this property has undergone soil nutrient testing and analysis every 4 years, data is available for each of these tests. With heavy rains becoming the norm, one thing is for sure, you will not find another property that handles rainfall and prevents soil erosion like this one.
The property acreage consists of the following:
- 227.76 Acres enrolled in income producing CRP providing yearly payments of approximately $48,000.
- 17 Unrestricted Tillable Acres for specialty corn, soybeans, and wheat which is currently being sold to overseas buyers at premium prices.
- 20 Acres of permanent forage improved with USDA designed and approved conservation practices.
- 60 Acres of pasture improved through rotational grazing, all fenced and gated.
- 25 Acres of Managed Timber consisting of Black Walnut and Hard Maple.
Improvements consist of the following:
- 3 Bedroom traditional folk/farm house with new shingles in 2012 and new steel siding in 2011.
- 39’X283’ swine confinement facility built in 1996 and designed to conduct research trials. Building contains 4 completely separate and isolated rooms with their own manure pit. Concrete floor and walls with rebar 1’ once center.
- 50’X176’ Clear Span Utility Shed built in 2014 for large farm equipment and hay storage.
- 30’X60’ Clear Span Machine Shed.
- 2X 10,000 Bushel LTD Grain Drying and Storage Bins.
- 36’X50, Basement and Clear Span Hay Mow Barn.
- 45’X90’ Bi-Level Machine Shed.
- 20’X50’ Confinement Facility for breeding sows/calving cows/convalescent unit.
- 34’X43’ Historic Barn on separate home site with its own well and electric. Beautiful views, direct access to county highway, pasture, woods, fencing, and CRP.
All improvements on the main farm were designed by the Iowa State University Biosystems Engineers. These buildings all hold great potential for Roof Top Solar Energy Production which could easily generate in excess of $55,000/year in solar energy.
This well designed and maintained model of sustainable agriculture is ideal for the following uses:
- A Grass Fed Beef Operation with rotational grazing.
- Private or Commercial Equine Enterprise. Stables, Training, Trail Riding, Boarding, Grooming, Breeding, ETC…
- Direct sale of specialty fruits, vegetables, and meats.
- Sale of Solar and Wind Energy.
- Direct sale of specialty hay. The property already has an existing client base for specialty hay bringing in approximately $50,000/year which could be increased to $240,000+ over time and with the right resources and manpower.
- Weaned and Back Grounded Feeder Cattle Production.
- Specialty Grain Production.
- Commercial Sheep Production.
- Winter Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Vegetable Production.
- Aqua Culture Conversion.
- Mushroom Production.
- Calf/Veal Rearing.
- Large Dairy Operation.
- Investment Property.
This property currently produces $100,000+/year in income with a staff of 2. The next generation of ownership will have countless opportunities to continue developing the farm and expanding its uses. The groundwork has been done, here is your opportunity to seize and make it your own!
*Information and data listed above has been provided by the seller. **Seller is willing to act as an advisor/consultant for the future owner. *** Seller holds a PHD from Iowa State University.