Must Sell… Make an Offer!
Granite Springs Ranch, Colorado Hunting and Recreation Ranch For Sale
Granite Springs Ranch is a 1667+/- Deeded Acre mountain property with an additional 2000 acres BLM Grazing Lease. Year around access on county maintained road. Topography is canyons, mesas and beautiful canyon floors with abundance of springs flowing which irrigate the approximate 100 acres of grass hay fields. Conservation easement allows for 2 additional residences to be built and or sold off. Abundant wildlife throughout. Owner has taken this ranch and created something very special with the use of the water, which is a rare commodity in the area.
Colorado Ranch For Sale with Acreage and Water
Granite Springs Ranch, situated on Glade Park in Mesa County, Colorado, is a true Wild West experience. The ranch has a rich history of Native Americans and Homesteaders; remnants of which live on today.
The Granite Springs Ranch will surpass buyers’ expectations of ranches in the area, specifically in available water and price, serving as an inspiration to all. The owner has taken a very ordinary ranch property and by putting to use the underutilized year round springs and engaging in deferred routine maintenance has created something very special indeed. . .
Hunting and Recreation Ranch for Sale in Colorado has mild Climate
A mild spring leads to warm summers with frequent afternoon rain showers. Fall is cool, with the earliest snow experienced in late October to November. The winter months bring snow accumulation at Ranch Headquarters from a few inches to 18+ inches. Snow accumulation in the south hay fields and in Homestead Canyon can reach several feet, particularly in the highlands area above 7500 ft.
Large Acreage Ranch in Colorado For Sale
The Granite Springs Ranch is comprised of canyons and mesas with the mesa tops capped with sandstone, the slopes of red shale and the canyon floors of granitic and metamorphic rocks representing the ancient Rocky Mountains. The springs found on the ranch are supported by the granites. (ergo Granite Springs Ranch).
Colorado Mountain Ranch With Water For Sale
– There are two primary live water creeks on the ranch; (1) Bieser Creek; and, (2) Cataract Creek.
– There are approximately 2.5 miles of creek bottom on Bieser Creek and approximately 1.4 miles of creek bottom on Cataract Creek. Lily’s Canyon and East Canyon exhibit flowing water seasonally with open water at springs the remaining year.
– By the end of June (on a dry year), Bieser Creek will be flowing on the ranch but has disappeared underground.
– Cataract Creek will generally flow to Bieser Creek until the middle of July. Then it flows underground just below Cataract Pond and the Aspens in Homestead Canyon to reappear at the confluence of Homestead and Bieser Canyons.
– Cataract Spring in Homestead Canyon produces approximately 0.5 cubic feet per second (cfs).
– Pinch Point Spring in Bieser Canyon produces approximately 0.5 cfs.
– Whiskey Spring in Bieser Canyon produces approximately 0.2 cfs.
– North Point Spring(undetermined production; supports a small pond).
– Lily’s Spring produces approximately 0.2 cfs.
– Cabin Spring in Bieser Canyon near the headquarters cabin.
– Cataract Pond: approximately 0.66 acre surface area (fed by Cataract Spring).
– Pinch Point Pond: approximately 0.75 acre surface area (fed by Pinch Point Spring and BieserCreek).
– Pinch Point Pond maintains a population of volunteer fish from BieserCreek (Brook Trout).
The ponds are off-drainage structures with adjustable drain valves set to overflow at ten feet. Both ponds have schedule 80 CPVC outlet pipes. Spillways are in place to maintain pond maximum water elevation.
Colorado Hunting Ranch For Sale
Wildlife is abundant on the Ranch including, but not limited to, Elk, Deer, Cottontail Rabbits, Snowshoe Hares, Chipmunks, Bear, Mountain Lion, Bobcat, Badgers, and Grey Squirrels along with a multitude of birds and seasonal Ducks, Geese, Wild Turkeys and Shore Birds.